Thursday 7 February 2013

Philosophy "Hope in a Jar" Moisturiser




This really didn't do it for me at all. I got a sample size of this product (15mls), and never in a million years would I consider purchasing the large version – which is way overpriced at around £30. I’ve had better results from Lush moisturisers, and even Aveeno (which is a fraction of the price).

I felt it didn’t really hydrate me – it went on thick, but as I spread it, it felt watery and like it wasn’t actually doing anything to my skin. It also smelt funny (kind of chemical-y) and stung around the eyes. I would maybe use it as a makeup base before a night out in the summer, when I don’t want a heavy moisturiser; or maybe keep it in my bag to moisturise my dry nose, but I could never justify spending over £30 on the full size moisturiser.

It’s a shame I’ve had such bad results from Philosophy’s skincare products. I really wanted to like the company as it seemed promising (probably due to the high prices of its products); but I’ve only been let down so far by the items I’ve bought. The only product I have genuinely liked was a serum I got as a free sample in a little pot, but I can’t remember which one it was (When Hope Is Not Enough, perhaps). Sigh.

Consistency: In a word: gross. Thick, then watery, stingy, confusing nastiness in a jar.
Sensitive Skin Suitability:  1.5/5
Price: £34 for 60ml
Overall Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment