Sunday 17 February 2013

Lush "Porridge" Soap




I really wanted to like this soap, but it seriously dried out my skin. I avoided using the bar directly on my body ‘cause I knew the scrubby oats would irritate me; however because it’s marketed as a soap for easily irritated skin, I decided on a whim to try it.

It smells okay – not unpleasant, but not of anything nice in particular. It tends to melt quite easily if you leave it in your bathroom, so I would recommend keeping it in a little Tupperware box. Once the initial layer of soap disappears, it reveals some knobbly little oat particles (you can see these in the picture) which I imagine would be amazing to scrub down with for those of you with more resilient skin. Saldly, I’m not one of you. I swear I’m part reptile ‘cause my skin goes really disgusting and scaly sometimes. (I know, hot, right?) 

So yeah, this one wasn’t for me. I’ve actually thrown it away now, so it currently lives in my bin.

Sensitive Skin Suitability: 1/5
PriceI paid like £4 for quite a big chunk (maybe 250g?)
Overall Rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment