Sunday 3 February 2013

Lush "Angels on Bare Skin" Cleanser



  
This is a lovely cleanser, made from natural ingredients (and it’s Lush, so you know it’s not tested on animals). The consistency, at first, was a little alien to me – fresh and crumbly, not gloopy and runny like most scrubs or foaming cleansers. I put this down to the fact that it’s all natural and has no preservatives (which also explains the 3 month shelf life).  The smell is also strange at first – but definitely something you can grow to love (think earthy/lavendery).


I bought this when my skin was very sore and upset, with angry spots on my cheeks and some nasty dry patches. After a few days of using it morning and night (along with Ultrabland to remove my makeup) my skin calmed down and I fell in love. I now use it every morning and I’m surprised at how gentle and effective it is. Until I discovered this little gem, I was struggling to find a balanced cleanser which gave a good, thorough clean without hurting my skin. I find my skin looks especially soothed and radiant after using this.

The only downsides to this are the packaging (typical Lush pot) which often allows water to leak in and dilute the product – most people find this very off-putting, and while I can see that it is a flaw, I actually rather like it as it loosens up the product and makes it easier to use. And also the shelf life (around 3 months). I do find it hard to use up the entire tub in this amount of time, even using it morning and night.

Consistency: Grainy and unusual. Lovely for exfoliation.
Sensitive Skin Suitability: 4.5/5
Price: £6.25 for a tub (100g)
Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment