Sunday 24 February 2013

Clinique Even Better Makeup




I used to wear the old version of Rimmel's "25 hour Foundation", but the new one just doesn’t cut it – it makes my skin feel clogged and goes all powdery after a few hours. I’ve found it really difficult to find a decent foundation after getting eczema around my eyes – it’s now under control, but I still have to be careful to prevent it from coming back, so I went to a few makeup stands in Debenhams and Boots to see what was around. I ended up at Clinique, where a lovely saleslady gave me a little jar sample of “Even Better Makeup”...
I loved it when I got home and tried it, however I’m pretty lucky that the shade was a close match, as the colour selection is limited. It didn’t sting my skin or clog my pores, and it has an SPF of 15 (yay!).

The consistency is lovely and silky – very nice to apply, and a little goes quite a long way. It has decent coverage (medium to full) without looking fake and plastic-y. I usually just wear one layer plus a few extra touches on any blemishes and I’m good to go. It keeps my skin hydrated, but it has poor staying power: after 4 hours of lectures, it started to look patchy, ashy and gross. The other downsides are the price and the limited choice of colours. It might fare better on those with dryer skin, or with a primer.

All-in-all, a decent foundation, better than most drugstore buys, and doesn't harm my skin, but not as good as other high-end ones.

Consistency: Very nice and silky, liquid
Sensitive Skin Suitability: 5/5
Staying power: 5 hours max
Price: £21 for 30ml
Overall Rating : 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment