Friday 8 August 2014

Benefit Brow Zing


I should have realized at the tender age of 13, when I first started dying my hair an unflattering shade of dark brown, that I am, and always will be, severely lacking in the eyebrow department. Born with dark blonde hair, and with tiny, wispy little golden brown eyebrows, I should really have started penciling them in a lot sooner than I did (the ripe old age of 19), especially with a hair colour 4 shades darker than my natural one - which only made my pathetic excuses for eyebrows look even sillier.


I often lament the weakness of my eyebrow game, but thankfully, I have become more equipped to deal with the frustration of having wiggly little maggots, as apposed to big, fluffy caterpillars for brows (come to think of it, neither sound attractive, but the latter was supposed to sound better...).

I used to just add some brown eye shadow to make them look more substantial, but I've recently upped my game and experimented with these little brow kits you can buy. I find pencils make my brows look too artificial, so I much prefer these kits which come with two compartments: one filled with a waxy substance, the other with a powder. You can use both, or just stick to one. 

Okay, so this is my review of Benefit's "Brow Zing" kit. It's great. Does the job, makes me look like I actually own a pair of eyebrows, stays all day without smudging, sliding off, doesn't irritate etc. My only gripe is that you can buy pretty much the same product at E.L.F. for 5x cheaper (Benefit's is £24.50; E.L.F.'s is £3.95).



The only real difference is that the Benefit one comes with a cute little pair of tweezers. Admittedly, the quality of Benefit's brow palette is better, including the design, the actual make up, and the brushes...but is it worth paying the extra? It all depends on your budget. If you can afford the cash to spare, go for Benefit; if not, then E.L.F.'s is a great dupe. Personally, I would probably not repurchase and just go for E.L.F.'s version instead.



Consistency: Part wax, part powder. I love the wax - it stays all day and looks great on its own or with the powder, and vice versa.
Sensitive Skin Suitability: 5/5
Price: £24.50
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment